Monday 27 October 2014

Bad Flights and Sleepless Nights


I am finally getting round to posting about my recent trip to New York, so now that we have been back for almost 2 weeks I thought I better get round to posting about the trip. Even though we have been home just under 2 weeks I still haven't gotten back into a good sleeping pattern, my body clock is till on New York time I think. Which has resulted in me staying awake until 2 in the morning and not waking up until 11am. I need to snap out of this sleep habit as I go back to college tomorrow, anyway no onto the trip.

After a terrible start with flights and I mean an absolute nightmare we had flown from Aberdeen to Amsterdam but our flight leaving Aberdeen was delayed which meant we missed out connecting flight from Amsterdam to New York. So after an hour standing in a que at Amsterdam airport we finally got a flight! However the flight was to fly from Amsterdam back to London then London to New York. In the processes of all four flights we lost three of our suitcases, so our holiday didn't go off to a good start.

 The next day we were still so tired and my mum and dad had to buy clothes as it was their suitcases which were lost, so on the Saturday we just had a stroll through New York and we also visited the 9/11 Memorial. Which was amazing to see but surreal at the same time being in the place where so much tragedy happened.

On the Sunday we went on a tourist bus tour and did a downtown tour of the city going through Times Square, Soho, Noho, Tribeca, Greenwich Village. We got off the bus at city hall then hoped on the Brooklyn Tour bus, it was my first time being in Brooklyn and it was so beautiful even coming back over the Manhattan Bridge the bus played Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys which made the whole thing so much more magical. We finished off the bus tour with a trip down Wall Street finally getting off for a walk along the high line. To top off the afternoon we went for a cycle around Central Park which is a great way to see the park.



















Join me tomorrow for more on my Trip to New York.

Aimee xo 

No comments :

Post a Comment