Saturday 10 May 2014

Met Gala Dream


As someone who is intrested more in entertainment news and big events that many A-Listers attend rather than having a big knowledge of fashion couture - but I'm learning- that doesn't mean I don't love finding out who wore what on the red carpet. Now this years Met Gala was no exception and it was the first time I was really intrested in the fashion at this year Met Gala rather than who was in attendance. But don't get me wrong I loved seeing my favourite stars walking the red stairs and I hope to one day be in attendance myself.

One of my favourite styles of the night was Blake Lively her dress was breathtaking she looked gorgeous and fitted the theme perfectly. She channelled old hollywood glamour in a way only she could from her hair, her make up , her dress and her arm candy husband Ryan Reynolds they made one beautiful pair.


My next favourite of the night surprisingly was Kim Kardashian her beautiful yet sexy Lanvin Gown. I have been loving Kim Kardashian's style lately and this look was another favourite of mine.



How can I do a post about the Met Gala and not mention Sarah Jessica Parker, she was a vision in Oscar de la Renta. The dress was elegant and exquisite - when looking up exquisite it stated " carefully selected choice: accurate marked by flawless craftmanship or by beautiful ingenious, delicate, marked with subtile understanding or deep sensitivity" I thought this summed up Parkers dress perfectly as the dress was made for her and how she asked Oscar de la Renta to sign his name on a dress as a way of honouring him in Scarlett making this dress a flawless creation.


There are too many favourites from the night such as Emma Stone, Victoria Beckham, Hayden Panettiere, Karolina Kurkova, Beyonce, Leighton Meester, Rachel McAdams the list is endless.




Now one for the guys the Met Gala was not just filled with beautiful gowns but also with beautiful men in tuxedos and bow ties. One handsome man in attendance was my favourite Matt Bomer looking as handsome as ever in Calvin Klein. Although Matt Bomer looked just as dashing as ever there were a few other handsome attendees Bradley Cooper, David Beckham and how can I not mention the wacky outfits of Neil Patrick Harris and David Burka. 







As much as I love seeing the photos of the attendees arriving at the Met Gala I think I love seeing the snaps from inside the Gala seeing all our favourite stars have fun! How cute is the photo of Matt Bomer and Olivia Munn which is too cute not to share! 






I hope one day I have the pleasure of attending the Met Gala ah a girl can dream! 

                                                                                Aimee xo 

Met Gala Dreams first appeared on Daisy Love xo 

All photos taken from E! Online 












No comments :

Post a Comment